Brisbane Speech Pathology Job Available
We are looking for the next amazing person to join our Kids Chatter family as an experienced Paediatric Speech Pathologist or a New Graduate.
Kids Chatter Speech Pathology is paediatric speech pathology practice based in Indooroopilly and we are biased – but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the world through seeing the kids and their families make the changes and progress with what we do.
Let’s list all the good stuff about why you should come work with us:
- The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working with a range of children needing your specialised skills as a speechie, plus being a clinical support for other members of the speechie team if you are experienced, or be on the receiving end if you are early in your career.
- This is a permanent position that can be part-time or full-time in our fully set up and well-resourced clinic plus full-time admin support. Work from home days can also be included.
- We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and manage a busy caseload, we also ensure you will have plenty of paid admin time scheduled into your diary to do the necessary preparation for your sessions and report and note writing time is allocated as well. We have an extensive library of templates and documents for you to use to make your paperwork tasks easy to manage.
- Typical workdays will be weekdays in our clinic (Saturday work is available for those interested) and work from home days can be arranged too. After living and working through the covid-lockdowns, we have established a great telehealth service and we have many online and automated tasks run our day to day operations.
- A generous annual professional development is provided for you to continue your learning.
- A weekly team clinic grocery shop is also provided so that our team can enjoy snacks, fruits and drinks throughout the workday.
- You don’t need to be skilled at roller skating, bowling, escaping a room or painting, but you will likely be doing all of those things. Every few months we do something fun as a team, plus lots of team lunches.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of being around kids and enjoys a social lunch break with the team while we all have a break in the middle of the day – this sometimes comes with extras like free coffees or even doughnuts from across the road.
- You will be on the computer a lot as we run a paperless clinic and do all of our record-keeping electronically. If you have experience with Google Drive, Trello, Slack, Power Diary and LessonPix, you will thrive in this job. But if you don’t have experience with these platforms, don’t worry, we will teach you everything you need to know. Basic computer literacy is a must though.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
- We want you to be a fun and bubbly person with your clients. We’re a kid’s clinic after all! If you are shy or quiet around colleagues, that is totally cool, we are not looking for the life of the party. However, you will be working with a team of other speechies and we love to chat, so be prepared to enjoy great conversations with us all and just a genuine love for being part of our closely-knit team.
In short, your job is to be a great speech pathologist for our clients while also having the experience to be a clinical mentor for the team and to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). If you are not an experienced speechie yet, but a new graduate or early into your career, we will happily welcome you with open arms as well and support you within our wonderful team. If you have an understanding of the NDIS world, it would be a tremendous help, however the most important factor is that you have paediatric experience, preferably in some or all of the areas of speech, language, stuttering, literacy, feeding, ASD and global developmental delays. Our office is casual and easy-going, but we do expect professionalism, punctuality and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick yell down the hallway to our director, Monique or anyone else on our team or via our numerous tutorial videos, step by step manuals and screenshots on our intranet.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detailed oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position, you must include your resume and a cover letter and in the subject line of the email you must include “I have found my type of SLPeeps”. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new speechie on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video (1 – 2 mins) along with your resume and cover letter (in fact, everyone who works here did this). In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
Please email your resume, cover letter and optional video to our Director Monique Speakman at firstname.lastname@example.org