Brisbane Speech Pathology Job Available
We are looking for the next amazing person to join our Kids Chatter family as an experienced Paediatric Speech Pathologist!
Kids Chatter Speech Pathology is paediatric speech pathology practice based in Indooroopilly and we are biased – but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the world through seeing the kids and their families make the changes and progress with what we do.
Let’s list all the good stuff about why you should come work with us:
- The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working with a range of children needing your specialised skills as a speechie, plus being a clinical support for other members of the speechie team.
- This is a permanent part-time role of 3 days per week in our fully set up and well resourced clinic plus full-time admin support.
- We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and manage a busy caseload, we also ensure you will have plenty of paid admin time scheduled into your diary to do the necessary preparation for your sessions and report and note writing time is allocated as well. We have an extensive library of templates and documents for you use to make your paperwork tasks easy to manage.
- The work days will be Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays in our clinic and occasional work from home time can be arranged at times too. After living and working through the covid-lockdowns earlier in the year, we have established a great telehealth service, plus all our systems are cloud based, so can be accessed anywhere with internet. The option of working a Saturday may be available as well for those interested.
- You don’t need to be skilled at roller skating or laser tag or bowling or escaping a room or painting, but you will likely be doing all of those things. Every few months we do something fun or goofy or both as a team.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You need to be the type person who gets joy out of being around kids, being a mentor to our early career staff for clinical support and enjoying a social lunch break with the team while we all have a break in the middle of the day – this sometimes comes with extras like free coffees or even doughnuts from across the road.
- You will be on the computer a lot as we run a completely paperless clinic and do all of our record keeping electronically. So, an understanding of email, navigating the web, and other computer based stuff will be necessary. If you have experience with Google Drive, Trello, Slack, Power Diary and LessonPix, you will thrive in this job. But if you don’t have experience with these platforms, don’t worry, we will teach you everything you need to know. Computer literacy is a must though.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
- We want you to be a fun and bubbly person with your clients. We’re a kid’s clinic after all. If you are shy or quiet around colleagues, that is totally cool, we are not looking for the life of the party. However, you will be working with a team of other speechies and we love to chat, so be prepared to enjoy great conversations with us all and just a genuine love for being part of our closely knit team.
In short, your job is to be a great speech pathologist for our clients while also having the experience to be a clinical mentor for the team, and to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). We are NOT looking for a new graduate speechie at the moment as we require someone with the skills to be able to take on some of our more complex clients and manage those clients independently. If you have an understanding of the NDIS world, it would be a tremendous help, however the most important factor is that you have several years of paediatric experience, preferably in some or all of the areas of speech, language, stuttering, literacy, feeding, ASD and global developmental delays. Our office is casual and easy-going, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick yell down the hallway to our director, Monique or anyone else on our team or via our numerous tutorial videos and screenshots on our intranet.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detailed oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position, you must include your resume and a cover letter and in the subject line of the email you must include “I have found my type of SLPeeps”. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new speechie on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video in along with your resume and cover letter (in fact, everyone who works here did this). In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
Please email your resume, cover letter and optional video to our Director Monique Speakman at email@example.com